FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:38 pm
cricketer

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
prior to day of departure, that’s not an easy rebooking. LX is doable, but it would take significant coordination between LH and UA to make it work. You can still claim EC reg 261 from LH for cancelling the flight - strike of LH personell is not a reason to not get payment from them.
Did you call the LH First class hotline or the regular CS line wrt LX F re-booking?
FC hotline was closed on Sunday, so called the regular hotline and waited forever, with the end result above - "no sir, this is United's problem, we can't rebook it"

Monday morning called the FC hotline, and they said they could and should have put me into LX F the previous day, but now the only option available was to fly in Y SFO-EWR and then connect to LX F from there.

Then at the airport in SFO today, went to the LH F counter and they tried like hell to get me onto LX39 in F in the evening - they had space, and held it, but they couldn't get anyone to ticket it because my rebooking now started with a UA flight to LAX. So am now at LAX flying LX 41 in J to ZRH. At least they were able to grab bulkhead (non-throne) seats for us.

Will definitely make the 261 claim! Mostly feel bad for my travel companion who had never experienced Intl F and may never do so now!