FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Engagement (AA J ; BA P)
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:00 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dat4life
While I love the Park Hyatt Vendome Paris, both the cash and point rates were exorbitant for our dates. So I booked the Hotel du Louvre instead, which was better located for our plans anyways. Plus, I stayed at the Hotel du Louvre with my parents a couple of years ago, and we really enjoyed it. I booked our stay using a combination of a paid night (for €400), points, and a Category 1-7 certificate. I was pretty proud that I was able to burn points on an off-peak night and used the certificate on a peak night.

Overall, it was another absolutely lovely stay at the Hotel du Louvre. Service was impeccable from top to bottom. Elite recognition was excellent. And the location is be better for the touristy stuff than the Park Hyatt Vendome. Throw in far more reasonable rates, and I actually might like the Hotel du Louvre better than the Park Hyatt.
Thanks for the pics and positive report on the Hotel du Louvre, and that you received a Globalist upgrade, something that PH Vendome seems loath to do.