FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:15 am
sociableorg

United Baggage - interim expense reimbursement

Hi United/MileagePlus experts - I had filed an interim expense reimbursement for Baggade delays with United (FRA->IAH leg) in early January. I have got no emails on the status of the claim. When I contacted online support (via chat) they confirmed that the claim was approved for a certain value (~$250). I had claimed ~$400 ($250 with receipts, remaining was without receipts). I was asked to communicate my bank details in the EU (we currently live in the EU) - again by the chat agent. So far I have been promised a reimbursement for $250 by bank transfer within 90-days.
1. Is there a way to track when this transfer will happen? 90-days seems like a very large window.
2. Also, I have no email confirmation on any of these topics - all the confirmation was asked by me on chat and the chat representative provided the information above - it is really strange that United is not sending any email confirmations.
3. Is there a way to appeal the amount refunded?
edit: all details above is for a family of 3x people traveling together on the same itinerary.
Thanks for any guidance here.

Last edited by sociableorg; Feb 21, 2024 at 2:52 am