FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:08 am
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Concerto
The standard room was the same as a Holiday Inn Express room and there were almost no amenities, including a small coffee machine that barely worked.
I have never stayed in a classic room at this hotel.
But hasn’t all the hotel been renovated?

Looking at the pictures, they do not seem bad at all.

All rooms are equipped with a Tassimo coffee machine and kettle, with multiple capsules (espresso, lungo, decaffeinated).

The minibar in the fridge looked like one of those I last saw in New York, where if you pull a bottle out the sensor immediately charges it to your room. So I couldn't store any of my own stuff in it.
The minibar is designed like most automatic minibars in the world.

In addition, there is a section on the right to store your personal drinks.

I The biggest complaint is about the pillows. I just don't understand how anyone could sleep on those, they are so completely soft. Could probably have called down and got firmer ones but it was late and I wanted to sleep.
As mentioned, all you have to do is call Instant Service to get the pillow that's right for you.

I wouldn't spend money or points on this hotel again, unless it was dirt cheap. There are better hotels in Berlin.
The choice is yours.

But perhaps it would have been useful to talk about the quality of service, the completely refurbished hotel, the gourmet Hugo restaurant, the large indoor swimming pool.

For our own personal culture, can you name some of the "better hotels" in the same price range?

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 19, 2024 at 6:16 am