FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unimpressed again - silent downgrade after Nightly Upgrade Award cleared
Old Feb 17, 2024, 9:33 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I had a similar incident at Sheraton Waikiki last week. I applied 4 NUAs and the only box I ticked was for a Kai Suite with 2 beds. Three days out, the upgrade cleared. On arrival, the FDA agent said I would be in a city view room. I protested, showed her my app (which was still Kai suite with 2 beds) as well as my confirmation email. FDA disappeared to the back and said we’d have to take the city view room for now and sure enough the app now showed me in city view room. After speaking with the Mgr, he was able to find me a Kai Suite with 1 king bed which was the ONLY suite available. (Hotel is sold out due to guests moving over from the MS.)

Am I entitled to get my NUAs back as I did not get the suite which had been confirmed (1 king instead of 2 doubles)? My roommate tried sleeping on the sofa bed and a roll alway bed, both of which were extremely uncomfortable.
Have quite similar issue at MArriott Tang Plaza Singapore.
Booked 2 king rooms and SNAed to 2x M Club suite King and FD try to downgrade one room claiming that only members personal room are eligible for SNA.
After show her both confirmation email she relent and only manage to secure a M Club suite double. Not ideal as I will be the sole occupant of the room.
But in this case I let it slide (didnt ask the SNA refunded as it will be just expired in few weeks time).

I believe since the bed type is changed, you are entitled to have the SNA/NUA refunded.