FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:26 am
cricketer

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by seanp7
This thread is about availability and booking, not reviews.

Definitely a hard trend to three this year, thanks for updating. Interesting to see SFO-FRA and LAX-FRA popping up in the last few days - haven't seen those in a long time...still at T-3 though.
Been watching this like a hawk recently, and as you say a (relatively) surprising amount of SFO-FRA and LAX-FRA (and on a couple of days LAX-MUC) opening up. It seemed to be clearly T-3 at 1500hrs PST... but...

I just had a massive win.
  • At T-4 at a little after 1800 PST 1 seat opened up SFO-FRA. I was looking for 2 (already had a J award SFO-MUC-XXX in place).
  • Booked the 1 at around 1900 PST to see if another one would open up (it was F3).
  • It didn't. So I released the 1. It immediately went back into inventory.
  • Then around 2000 PST I was looking at options via Aeroplan and Aeroplan showed me O2 for that flight.
  • Went back to UA - no dice only 1.
  • Then checked Avianca, because I didn't want to orphan miles in Aeroplan, and Avianca showed me O2 as well.
  • Was going to transfer to one of those (have never used LifeMiles before) but before doing so I thought I'd check UA one more time.
  • Lo and behold, at about 2005hrs PST T-4, I now had O2.
  • Booked it immediately, and it ticketed. Canceled the SFO-MUC in J, and my travel partner on this trip is going to have their first ever experience of international F, completely unexpectedly. What a win. For me too, as I changed jobs recently and no longer have the international J class travel that was getting me into LH F on a regular basis!