FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated SFO connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:32 pm
hopping

Originally Posted by Repooc17
You don't need ExpertFlyer sub for gate/terminal info. CZ is in INTL terminal concourse A. All gates there are common use, meaning the aircraft will get whichever is available on the day of travel.
There was prior discussion on whether I could walk from UA arrivals to CZ departure gates without another security check. The terminal map I uploaded a couple of days ago showed Terminal A and T1 are connected post security, which means if the UA flight happens to arrive in T1, I would not need to go through security again to get to A gates. I guess the issue is pretty much moot now based what I have learned, because 1). I will have to pick up my bags regardless whether it's checked/tagged through, and 2). the odds of UA arrivals at T1 is virtually zero.

There are some fast food places landside in the INTL terminal more reasonable in cost.
More looking for some good balance between comfort/quality and affordability

I may have missed the many many previous posts, what's the use of BART for? Grand Hyatt is free to/from the airport using the Airtrain. Most nearby airport hotels are not exactly reachable by BART, but they all should have shuttle arriving outside at departure level (not arrival level). I have not followed some of the latest convos, but you should be able to tap your credit/debit card through the turnstile assuming it has contactless feature.
BART came up in the context of getting to the hotel for my overnight stay. The card is contactless.

Can I offer you a bit of high level advice here? You are over planning all of this. It seems like you have long layover on both inbound and outbound; plenty of time. Things are never going to be exact on the day of travel, just have a general sense and go with the flow.
I agree on the over-planning part. It's mainly because my upcoming trip feels nothing but stressful tbh; I am never a FF and haven't flown for the last 5 years. Going through the US added another layer of anxiety with heightened security checks; not a fan of removing belt and shoes hence my ask about the possibility of transfer without security v2. Getting myself well/over-prepared and knowing what I'm getting myself into helps ease that; true that I could always ask while there but as you can see, I have lots to catch up on when it comes to air travel particularly with complex layovers involved, people even airport staff may not know the right answers (nor would they have the time or patience on the spot to explain all I need to know which is a lot), and I trust the advice from fellow FTers much more. By the way, the only reason I booked it through SFO is for cost reasons; it's much cheaper than through YVR thanks to AC monopoly. I hope it'd be all worth it.