FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:28 pm
willliamjia

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Your plan relies on a number of stars aligning in ways that they aren't guarantied to align in (and if any of A, B, C, D, or E are outside of the US make things even more complicated and risky). The biggest caveat is needing to have the same fare class available, and for DDD-CCC having that availability across at least 4 options spaced out enough to bounce that ball down the road 3 days.

Is there a reason if you need to stop in DDD you don't just change your ticket now? It may be because I'm extraordinarily risk adverse but I personally wouldn't try it particularly if it's a "need to" rather than "want to" situation.

Thank you for your response. Only AAA is outside US. All the others are in US. The reason I do not want change is international long hauls upgraded. I do not want to touch those two trans-pacific legs. All fares are B and promotional and not available now. So changing would be prohibitive..