FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated SFO connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:20 am
hopping

New here and hope this is the correct thread for my questions: I will fly into SFO in the morning from YYC on an AC flight (code shared and operated by UA), then board a connecting CZ transpacific flight just past midnight. Trying to figure out how the transfer at SFO will work out. The inbound UA flight is supposed to arrive at Gate E8 and the outbound CZ flight will depart from A gates (as of now; I was informed of a major schedule change to the CZ flight coming April when my travel is so not sure if the gates will change as well). Is it possible to get to A from E8 without having to clear customs and immigration again? From what I know/remember (not a FF in any sense) YYC does have CBP pre-clearance.

Also hoping I wouldn't need to take out my baggage at SFO; the advice I got is to not do online check-in before the UA flight (seat already selected) so when I get to YYC, I can interact with the counter agent and ask them to through check my baggage to the final destination vs. SFO. Is this sound? The connection time is long (15 hours) by the way. Not sure if it matters to baggage handling but CZ doesn't seem to have any partnership with AC or UA.

Thanks so much.

p.s. couldn't find definite terminal data so the gate/terminal info quoted above may not be accurate. Any good websites for that?

Last edited by hopping; Feb 13, 2024 at 11:38 am Reason: Gate info correction