FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive eUpgrade Resource (2024 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:03 am
CFA in YHZ

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
AC makes R space available in ways that are mysterious and unpredictable. So they may open up R space before the gate or they may not. Essentially, if they think they can sell those seats, they probably won't open them for upgrade until they have greater certainty they won't sell them. But the plane won't go out with people on the upgrade list and empty seats in J. So if you submit your request and there are still seats available an hour from departure, you will get upgraded.
Thanks for trying to help, but it's not about R space--I'm not even within the clearance window yet. The puzzle is that I can't even put in an upgrade request for the trans-Pacific segments even though EF shows J4 for departure and J8 for return. I can only submit it for the domestic legs.

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Welcome to FT.

I posted upthread about a very similar issue just on the opposite segments; I was waitlisted YYZ-ICN but my YOW-YYZ I was not able to waitlist. It turned out it was a bug / glitch and I ended up needing to get the concierge to override it. I don't know of any reason why you couldn't waitlist for an upgrade here.
Thanks for the welcome, and for sharing your experience. I see that even your check-in agent couldn't figure it out and sent you off to the concierge office. This doesn't bode well for my call, but fingers-crossed that the call-in agent can fix the problem.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 13, 2024 at 8:53 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user