FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis miles increases - now 750 a rental for Gold
Old Nov 28, 2003, 7:02 am
Morland

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Travelling to MRS for New Year, have had "issues" with Avis at Marseille-Provence Airport before (€100 "damage" charge without any explanation, no Preferred counter, surly and unhelpful service...) so was planning to try Hertz for a change.

Recent huge BA/Avis push prompted me to look at the package again since Avis are BA's "preferred" partner. Why so difficult? According to www.avisba.com, the gold benefits include 'No additional driver fees' and 'Guaranteed car with 48 hour advance reservation'. SO why when I ask for a quote does it ask me if I want an additional driver at €24/rental? Do I select it and have to argue when I get to the counter, or deselect it and run the risk that we're not covered? And why are there no cars available in any class - why can't I get a guaranteed one, since I'm more than 48 hours away from my rental?

I just got another 1500 bonus BA miles voucher from BA, which would be nice, apart from the fact that the last two I presented (one at MRS, one at BCN) vanished without appearing on my account (Avis say talk to BA; BA say talk to Avis)

Is it just me, or is Avis customer service completely hopeless?