FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Next Cruise: Are you Having Second Thoughts Due to Fears of Pandemic?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:52 am
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Haven't been on a cruise (or even flew in any a/c until last November) since COVID started. Will be on a cruise in a few months (and 19-flight trip starting this weekend) and plan to mask (short, hopefulyl warm, and plan to be outside). May or may not be effective but I'm a believer that getting a lower dose of virus minimizes the impact, and there's the effect of long COVID and other symptoms observed in my neighbours. Am up to date on the vaccinations (as offered) and even got a 'flu vaccination for the first time late last year (took more out of me than expected). May have been effective on a TATL r/t flight as well as when being in crowded spaces in Europe for 3+ weeks. No apparent symptoms.
I believe like many experts, it's the amount of virus particles you come in contact with that your natural immune system can't fight determines how bad you get. I believe that's what happened to me with only a slight symptom for one day.