FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Air Asia refund policy if rescheduled
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:24 pm
dugg1989

Thai Air Asia refund policy if rescheduled

Hi all,

I booked round trip flights BKK - KBV some time ago with Thai Air Asia.

They rescheduled my inbound flight to four hours later, enough of a change that meant it would no longer connect with an onward flight I had (separate booking/airline) from BKK.

I didn’t book with Air Asia directly so they’ve refused to deal with me (tried their ‘Ask Bo’ chat). I was directed to my travel agent, Booking.com

Booking.com assured me for a change of more than 3 hours I was entitled to a cancellation/refund of my flight. I checked it wasn’t just a refund of the affected sector, but they were adamant the whole booking can be cancelled/refunded as a result. On that basis I asked them to go ahead and request the refund.

Some months and lots of chasing later, I still don’t have any money back so I’ve opened a credit card dispute with my bank. Usually they’ve been very good at refunding me in these instances but this time they’re being a bit more awkward.

They want me to provide the T&Cs of my booking showing the cancellation policy but I can’t find anything relevant anywhere in my booking, email confirmation, Air Asia MMB etc.

I did find something buried in the Air Asia website that does say for a reschedule of more than 3 hours you or your travel agent can request a refund, but it’s a general set of terms, nothing specific to my booking.

Can anyone help with this? Either where I’d find more comprehensive ticket conditions for an Air Asia booking, or anything more explicit they publish around your rights in event of an involuntary reschedule?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.