FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can the 0800 number get any worse?
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:50 pm
ChasingDaylight

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by ZKNHB
I had a crazy situation with UMNR. Flight was diverted to AKL, from AUS. If my son didn’t have a phone. I wouldn’t know he got diverted. They locked him in a staff room without an adult looking after him, and his airband didn’t text be had been diverted until 7 hours after he had been diverted…. Anyway, there’s a lot more but this is not the thread. I flew up to meet him, and then requested a refund for my flights $800 to AKL return (?!) and they said it would take 14 weeks!!!!! I hadn’t received it at 15 weeks, contacted them went through the whole process and they said “sorry can you call back tomorrow, I don’t know”. Still haven’t got the refund
Take them to DT? Otherwise I'm not sure if you could complain to the CAA about the UMNR bit. Being locked in a room is highly unsatisfactory as is the Airband issue. Surprised really!

Edit: Agree with TK. I generally (and genuinely) am not a favour for emailing the CEO for most customer service issues, but this is one that someone needs to unpick pretty strongly.

Last edited by ChasingDaylight; Feb 4, 2024 at 7:52 pm Reason: Edited because I want to agree with TK.