FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:57 pm
pitflyer

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Checked out today -- it really wasn't quite as bad as reviews indicated for a doomed hotel. Got a room on the 15th floor of the club tower which was definitely tired and old but was reasonably clean. The reviews of the no shades and instead shutters that let the light in all the time is definitely a thing. Very few things remain open, especially during the week, but their main restaurant is open 7am-11pm so I used that for the $30 credit (said there was 2 people in the room when asked to get the full credit) which covers one breakfast item and non alcoholic drink basically. The tip is always paid separately -- so I spent $27 or $28 each day with tax and then tipped $5, and on check out I was charged the $5 (the discount was automatic).

Kinda curious to think that area will now be so close to three major stadiums (Tmobile Arena, Allegiant Stadium and this new ballpark). That being said, for that reason I am now preferring the North Strip, though of course the price at the Hilton hotels in that area are in a completely different range than Tropicana ever was.