FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aerolineas Argentinas - What’s Next?
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:04 am
gq_dq

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I would make sure you give yourself at least a day between your arrival into Ushuaia and the departure of your cruise.
Absolutely... seen wayyy too many instances of this scenario... including a passenger stranded with wedding gifts at a connecting airport cuz their flight got cancelled and they didn't give themselves a buffer day before the wedding (not theirs thank goodness! ... that would have been bad)... and the most head-shaking was when I was flying intra-Alaska and seated next to me was this group whose travel agent had booked them on an early morning connecting flight which landed in Seattle 2 hours before their cruise departed ... of course their first flight got cancelled, the ship left, they didn't have insurance... so rather than lose everything they were trying to play catch up over the next few days trying to hook up with the ship at any subsequent Alaskan port where possible. And the most jaw dropping part was staying adamant and trying to convince me that the early morning flights were the only ones they would choose because getting in a day earlier would be a $1,000 more!! Well they would have had a lot of time to do the math when they were on planes to nowhere...

Well yes ideally it would be good to spend a night in each of BsAs and Ushuaia and frankly it's not that consequential to the budget... my night in USH is less than US$45 for the entire apartment in the heart of town a block from San Martin and two from Maipú. I've taken three cruises out of USH and generally get there the afternoon before... and ther're just so many amazing restaurants that I could do a whole week just binge-hopping.