FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Your seats have changed" when flight is in fact cancelled (or is it?)
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:42 am
Misco60

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
For me it looks like all of these were transfer of BA flights to Iberia with flight number changes to BA7070 and BA7071 but at the same times. My 1D seat preferences copied over to the IB flights.
Yes, the actual change turned out to be quite straightforward; it was just the content of the emails from BA and the sequence in which they arrived that made it all seem very complicated.

It was useful to see how MMB has improved, though, and how easy it appeared to be to select alternative flights. And also to see how flexible BA was being: I was offered close to two dozen alternative routings on the original date, and was also able to choose another date. Unfortunately, every alternative involved a tight connection, long layover, fewer tier points, entering the US at JFK and/or flying with Iberia, none of which was appealing, so removing the first sector of this ex-EU trip was the best option for me.