FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:54 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by serpens
Thank you. Good comments.

Yes, I check the Military/Veteran Leisure rate before making a reservation. The Senior rate is the only other special rate for which I'm eligible. In fairness to Hyatt, I'm an infrequent and irregular customer, so I'm probably not the target audience.

My comment was mainly directed at the proximity of the two offers that I quoted from TravelinSperry's posts. (I don't mean adjacent posts on FlyerTalk; I mean web pages at hyatt.com.) I don't figure that Hyatt (or any other for-profit corporation) owes me something because I'm a veteran. But if a corporation want to make a show of "honoring" veterans (or active duty, or family members), then it should be meaningful. Offering a larger discount over a wider area for merely entering a code (PRIDE or PROUD) compared to the veteran's offer (MILVET plus additional documentation) does the opposite of make the veteran's offer meaningful. All my opinion, of course.
I agree with you. My father was a Vet and as such I'm entitled to savings sometimes due to his service. Sometimes the opptys are very good (e.g., USAA) other times not so much (Veteran's Advantage Hertz discounts).

However, it should be noted that the PRIDE/PROUD discounts may not be offered by every property and/or were worse than the savings offered to Vets at certain properties. At the end of the day, each property can offer their own unique discounts (I see them frequently) and it doesn't have to be a global or nationwide offering. So, any property that wants to honor the experience is more than welcome to offer a deal exceeding what the national chain offers up.

Note - this thread is for announcements only... so we really should take this convo to another thread rather than continuing here