FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (master thread)
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:59 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
The state of repair on the A321Ts these days is really sad.
This is likely no surprise to frequent flyers, but for infrequent A321T flyers, be warned.
Yeah sounds about right. My last two trips on the A321T:

1. In F recently my IFE was not working. The IFE at any seat on these can actually be reset by the passengers (a FA taught me years ago), and resetting it didn’t help so I gave up. Didn’t even mention it to the FA because I knew there was nothing she could do.
2. In another recent flight in J… well, the IFE was broken for the whole plane, so there’s that. The FAs just told people they could steam to their personal devices.

In contrast, in D1 on BOS-LAX recently, the IFE was not working for four of the seats. Without anyone even mentioning it to the FA, he tried to reset it twice, and when it didn’t work, he proactively submitted for comp via SkyMiles for each passenger.

Rasu + AA leadership team thinks that schedule is the product, and that might be fine for Y, but then each quarter when the earnings come out, AA’s margin is close to 50% of DL’s…