FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:37 pm
conde

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
There have been times that the St Regis has been competitive price-wise with the other Marriott portfolio and non-Marriott hotels in BKK. Just earlier this month I booked a 5 night award stay a couple of months from now at the St Regis for 134000 Bonvoy points. Not great, but it was fewer points than the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit or the Athenee were offering (175000-195000 points). Last year, while not available to all, the St Regis had really competitive corporate rates. Now both the competitive corporate rates and lower points required for award stays seem to have evaporated. For my 5 night stay last year at the St Regis, it was very pleasant. I still prefer the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit, but I didn't experience service fails or undesirable attitude from the staff experienced by others. The St Regis can still do better than now, like making the elite happy hour experience much better. Complimentary laundry instead of just daily pressing for elites would also be nice. The breakfast was fine, but I would not stay at the hotel or avoid because of it. If priced competitively with the other BKK offerings, the St Regis is fine. I can see how the St Regis is not worth a price premium and I would not choose it if there were other wonderful hotels that cost less. The criticism of the BKK St Regis seems to be a bit much though.