FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should NZ bring back Business from CHC TT?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:25 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samjaynz
Yeah fair enough. I'd never pay the extra for 'leisure travel' TT (I mean the Air NZ A320/1 is really not bad to sit there for 3-4 hours when you've got nothing more strenuous than a nice brunch and shopping to look forward to) it's just that niche application of doing a day trip to Syd/Mel for work where it would be a 'game changer' to be able to make up for lost sleep from an early start up on the plane itself. Particularly if you've got a stacked couple of days of meetings. I only take the early morning departure so I can be in town by about 9am, everything going smoothly. I should really just go the night before, but don't like being away from the family for longer than I need to.

Dumb question but how are you getting a 2100 departure from Chch? Which airline offers this?
I suspect most TT travel is 'leisure travel'. Some people will chose another airline for $10 difference. Have a CHC cousin who does that.

Used to be JQ174 CHC MEL 21:05 22:40 paying for exit row seat. JQ & QF have now changed there (co-ordinated) schedules in the last year or so. In years gone by QF and CI (CHC-MEL-TPE) used to have 20:00~21:00 departures. [Was a time when some cabin crew would notice I was not sitting in my usual aisle exit row seat]

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 27, 2024 at 6:36 pm