FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (master thd)
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:59 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dave_SEA
I'm lifetime Platinum, but have not been Exec Plat in several years. I'm mostly earning my LP via spending on Citi Exec MC and about 25K away from EXP. I can pay some large bills via CC to reach it, but will incur a 3% fee. So, question: is it worth $750 to get EXP this year? My favorite feature on EXP was ability to refund award tickets without penalty, but that seems available to everyone these days....
Don't forget AA eShopping

I ignored for a while, but I was within striking distance of 250k LPs for the SWUs, so I paid $23 for a Hello Fresh subscription to get 3500 miles (4550 LPs with the 30% boost), and I paid $49 for a Motley Fool subscription ($99 - $50 amex offer) to get 3700 miles and 4810 LPs.

Even the $72 for 7200 RDMs was a good deal IMO, so the 9310 LPs were "free" -- and all posted within 3 days.