FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (master thd)
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:44 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dave_SEA
I'm lifetime Platinum, but have not been Exec Plat in several years. I'm mostly earning my LP via spending on Citi Exec MC and about 25K away from EXP. I can pay some large bills via CC to reach it, but will incur a 3% fee. So, question: is it worth $750 to get EXP this year? My favorite feature on EXP was ability to refund award tickets without penalty, but that seems available to everyone these days....
Are you currently Plat Pro? - For that there's no benefit for international travel as both are OWE.

What do your travel plans look like? (How many trips, domestic or international, in a premium cabin or Y/W?).

In terms of domestic upgrades, those are pretty much gone for most unless you're a high spend EP or your travel takes you to lesser flown routes, so just clearing it will not help in a noticeable way. The SWUs/Choice benefits don't come until 250k now, so if you're not getting that there's not much else to push for.