FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF award help
Thread: QF award help
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2005, 2:21 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks, number_06!

I think it's the system I am accessing then, as I can't see QF or other airlines either, 331 days out. I'll scavenge some more as the day sgo by to see if there's anything - I sometimes see seats LAX - BNE when nothing else is available, or maybe use FJ via NAN. If not...

Can't complain at all then, having made the above bookings using QF flyers' leftovers... My friends will just have to enjoy 21 days in Mexico, that's all. And I don't suspect they will be too sad in J with the Skysleeper seats, as opposed to the 31" hell they did when they visited us a couple of years ago. (That's the real reason they still hand out booze on interational flights - anaesthetic.) I only wish the number of miles hadn't been "enhanced" for us; we used QF J ourselves at the old rate, some time ago.

(Too bad QF isn't flying to MEX anymore - remember being in awe of the B707 at MEX! Was flying on Comet IV-Cs MEX - LAX in those days, I recall.)

Originally Posted by number_6
It posts at 355 days out, when QF allows award redemption using QF miles. Thus if there is none at 330 days, when other airlines get access, it means that it has been acquired by QF flyers and is all gone. Your choice at that point is to wait for more availability to occur later, or use QF miles to redeem awards on QF during the month of grace.