FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:40 pm
happiest_at_40000

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Oh wow! I definitely hadn’t realised that about US airports - thank you for clarifying! Guess I’ll be leaving the airport then haha!
Yes no US airport allows you to transit with out going through immigration, collecting you bags (if you have them) and then re entering airside. I should have just said that and got rid of my first paragraph to not confuse. But yes you def. wont be able to stay airside.

However, if you really wish to see the QF F lounge the day before you could always try to go back airside. Lines will be beginning to be bad at the international termianl (Bradley) around the time you land but not horrible. On the lower level, where you will be when you come out, all the way to the south end is a usually not busy area to go back airside. Maybe TSA will let you in but the < 24 hours thing you alluded to (I think you put the greater than sign by accident) really isnt a thing at LAX but you can try.

Given you will have access the next day and plan to go a few hours early you should consider just leaving and throwing your stuff down at the hotel. At that time your room will obviously be ready and you can shower & store bags there. I would suggest either Marina Del Ray or Santa Monica for you to go have a nice evening but still be fairly close to the airport.

Btw, that JL fight I think is at 12:30 not 13:00 and they sure do board pretty efficiently so you may want to leave the lounge by 11:45. If you really want some quality time in the lounge I recommend arriving at 9 not 10.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jan 22, 2024 at 1:13 am