FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]
Old Jan 21, 2024, 9:48 pm
Tofino87

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Diff things at play here like what airlines and is it on 1 PNR as well as flight times. Although those things actually shouldnt matter but with some gate agents they will. Also, do you have any status b/c then you have the possibility to maybe get access upon arrival.

Of course, as I am typing this I just realized all of that would be moot b/c you would not be able to get back airside at LAX as you will have to clear immigration and then LAX wont let you in the day before your actual flight. Although I recently some blog report where someone said they accessed airside within 24 hours but thats news to me at LAX.
Hey, thanks for the reply. It’s on the same PNR. No status.

I figured that because it’s a transit of less than 24 hours that I could, technically, remain in the terminal - airside - and catch my next flight without clearing immigration, same as if my connection was only 3 hours for example… but whether it was possible to access the lounge on arrival, then leave the airport by clearing customs after doing so?

I’d aim to go the lounge on arrival and stay from 17:30-19:30, then leave the airport and go to a hotel overnight. Then, come back to the airport for 10:00am the next morning, 3 hours before my flight departure.

I’m not sure what the layout is like, having only been to LAX once before, but have heard of people doing similar things at Doha and I think Sydney (of course they could be a completely different setup ) , many thanks

Last edited by Tofino87; Jan 23, 2024 at 2:28 pm