FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor's ridiculous sustainability initiative - lack of water and toothbrushes
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:09 pm
MajulahMadooba

Programs: KrisFlyer
Accor's ridiculous sustainability initiative - lack of water and toothbrushes

Does anyone else here find Accor's sustainability policies ridiculous and inconvenient?

I live in Singapore and patronize hotels in the tropics in Southeast Asia. In an Accor property, I feel compelled to count the bottles of water I drink while in the room. Some properties even told me I can only get two a day, regardless of whether I'm alone or not and how long I am staying, until I pick a fight with reception. I was in Pullman Legian in Bali, Indonesia and they took the cake with giving 4 x 200ml bottles of water -- not even 1 liter -- and said to just call if you need more. I called housekeeping 3 AM the night I checked in to ask for more water.

I also have to put a standing instruction to please put toothbrushes and a comb in my bathroom for every stay. 50-50 the hotel actually does it. It's a real inconvenience to tell the front desk a couple of times to send me a toothbrush -- in a 5 star hotel.