FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:51 am
HarryHolden68

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Stayed here 17th January. Very disappointed and unlikely to return.

Tried to check in online and was offered a paid upgrade, but the room given was the room booked. I was given no choice and allocated 226, which is described as Luxury Atrium King. I have no idea what Atrium has to do with the room except that I could look across (but not down) into it. The other view was of an air handling unit which was intrusively noisy. With a one night stay I only needed the room to sleep in really so did not enquire about a better room at reception on arrival.

I used a digital key but on walking into my room, needed to use my Oyster card to use in the key slot. If they are going to promote digital keys, this needs some consideration.

The first impression was of damp. The bathroom extract was not functioning. On seeing if I could open the valve, the whole fitting came out in my hand, but there was no airflow. The second was how small the room was. Barely enough room to walk around the bed. Housekeeping was a strongpoint, with the room clean and prepared fully. The bed was really comfy and the linen and duvet high quality.

The bar was pretty good - well serviced and a relaxing atmosphere.

Breakfast was ok - same as most Hiltons. But with a Barista bean to cup coffee machine that could only make one coffee at once, there was a delay in getting one as it is a staff only machine. As I left, there was a small queue of people waiting for a table.

On checking out, I mentioned the lack of upgrade, the damp (after a hot shower, the reason was evident) and the noise and got shrugged shoulders but confidence that anything would happen. To add insult to injury, the promised E-Mail with the receipt did not arrive.

Don't think I will be returning here. There are better Hiltons with a more consistent operation.