FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:36 am
Porcepic

Programs: FB Plat
Name of the lounge: Spitfire Lounge
Location: SOU airport, UK (1st floor, above the terminal after duty free shop)
Opening Hours: Sunday to Friday: 05:00 - 19.30 // Saturday: 05:00 - 17:00
Entry requirements: STE+ or J / not sure what happens if you travel Eastern Airways on AF codeshare

Food offer: some light snacks available in self-service. Further food options are available via a (free) menu, you can order from a lounge agent.

Drinks offer: soft drinks / coffee/tea (of course!) / alcohol (wine, gin...) in self-service.

Services
Wifi: yes
Showers: no
Toilets: no (but there are right outside the lounge)
Quiet zone: no... but well, SOU airport is already a quiet zone in itself, no?
Loungers/sleep area: no
Business area: no, but there are high tables available in the lounge where it may be more comfortable to work
Spa: no
TV area: no
Passengers are called: no
Information screen: yes
Newspapers: no

Other information
Number of seats: ~50
Level of noise: low
Design: comfy, with some avgeek decoration honoring the aviation background of Southampton
View: partial view on the tarmac and on the arrival luggage belts
Multi floors: no
Terrace: no
Smoking area: no
Direct boarding: no
Plugs/USB chargers: yes
Other: no

As stated above, I was traveling KL (operated by German Airways). I do not know if you can access the lounge traveling with Eastern Airways to ORY on the AF codeshare.
On the outbound flight, traveling Eastern Airways from ORY (on AF flight number), I was denied the access to the AF lounge "because you are traveling on a Y fare and not a W fare, and the agreements with Eastern Airways do not include access to the lounge, they are not paying for it" -> well, it should depend on the good will of AF rather than T3 on a AF-coded flight...