FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Didn't rent their car--not stopping them from logging pending charges!
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:18 pm
FFDTX

Originally Posted by LadyShiva
*chuckle* I tried cancelling ahead of picking up the Alamo car, and was able to push the "Cancel reservation" button on that particular Hertz reservation at least twice on their website. Reservation wouldn't drop from the listings for me on my mobile Firefox. Hertz's website is always a bit fragile for me; there's a valid reason Hertz and Accenture are suing each other over Hertz's non-functional website.

The credit card charges have now been sent through for the car I didn't rent, so I have a receipt to point to for demonstrating the pure hokum of this situation. Someone else other than me moved the minivan from MIA to FLL, with a check-in time of 23:00 on 6/22. Hertz kept sending $100 credit card authorizations on the subsequent days, however.

I've formally lodged a "did not rent" with Hertz now that their telephony is working again. I've been told to expect a response in 5-7 days; if that doesn't fully resolve the false charges, my credit card company can take over the situation.
I know this is a very old thread, but hoping you can tell me what the outcome was and how you got this resolved. I’m going through the same exact situation right now and I cannot get any help from Hertz.