FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues"
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:44 pm
LeonS

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Finally today, after months of trying in vain, I was able to get my waitlist (very similar situation to yours) done.

The frontline res agent flat out said "United does not do waitlisting for award tickets." I referred her to the United "air travel award rules" document, copy and pasted the relevant sections from it, and re-explained it. But what really won her over was sharing a link to your screenshot (not FT, just the image), where I said "look, this is how it looks like to the customer when done, this was done just recently by United for another customer in the same situation."
Glad to hear it helped!
What channel did you use? Online Chat?

I was transferred to a supervisor who knew exactly what I was talking about and did it. Also told me (unprompted) how many others are on the waitlist and what their status is, cautioning me that I am quite far down the priority on the waitlist (as I was expecting anyway). And gave me a bit of explanation of how the automated waitlist clearing system works, key dates, how priorities are determined, what happens when it clears, etc. Super helpful.
Well, this is interesting to me. That means that all of those people ahead of you all managed to find an agent that waitlisted them? Which as we know is not an easy feat.

Because if I understood correctly, the waitlist in (I) counts as a displaced passenger and has higher priority than any complimentary upgrades even if they have status?

Anyway, the one interesting thing was this: I was told that it is in "pre-waitlist status" and will not show online (it doesn't). I was told that it only starts showing at 3 months out (my flight is still way more than 3 months out).

Does anyone here know, is that correct? Does it really not show online as waitlisted until until T-90 days?

And your flight showing for the waitlist, is it close in (as in less than 3 months away)?
My flight is within the next 90 days, so potentially it could be. I would set up a reminder to check at T-90 to see if it appears on your reservation.

FYI I don't see the waitlist on the OS app, I only see it on the browser.