FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:44 am
Symmetre

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by The Lev
The weird part is that the design is no different than what is used in the 737-900 (NG), which has flown for decades without such incident.
That is true, but let's not forget the majority of 737 NG's were built before the MAX models entered production. It's been widely reported that Boeing's quality control issues stem from a shift in company culture rather than actual engineering faults. Shoddy assembly will torpedo good design every time.

With multiple issues with various 737 MAX models, from the MCAS catastrophe to recent airworthiness advisories over loose screws in the rudder controls, to this latest plug blowout to multiple reports of airlines finding manufacturing debris inside various components including the fuel tanks, I don't think safety concerns around these aircraft are completely unwarranted. We hear of one issue after another with the 737 MAX, and little or nothing concerning aircraft produced by Airbus or Embraer. Personally, I do try to avoid them.

Last edited by Symmetre; Jan 9, 2024 at 10:40 am Reason: Fixed a typo.