FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:40 pm
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
I stayed here in October 22. I had a nice stay. The staff was great. I left my phone in the cab and they worked very hard to get it back for me. The breakfast was very good with an omelet station and an entire large area full of Arabic food. I could have grazed all day. I liked the location for a few days. It wasn't too far to walk to the metro line, but about a mile. I had the room with the hammock in it. While I liked the room, I found it not very practical. I could sit on the bed, or in an office chair facing the bed. The hammock was useless for a grown man, and two little ottoman pods were non functional as well.

The weirdest part of the room was that the windows were frosted and you couldn't see out. I realized that my room faced the back of the hotel which would make it overlook the Palace of the Emir of Qatar. So you don't get a view. I don't know how many rooms are this way, but I didn't like it. You can also tell the way the rooftop pool is facing (towards the embassies) that you cannot see the Palace on the other side of the building.

Its all very strange, but not that big of a deal. I would just make sure I understood the hotel layout if you didn't want frosted out windows.