FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's Eat! 2005 - International and Domestic Edition
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:33 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
January p.s. C-Class Breakfast Menu (from UA 6 on 1/7/05):

Cocktails:
Bellini and Kir Royale
They substituted Mimosas for the Kir Royale; I had the Bellini, which was pretty good.

To Begin:
Fresh from the bakery: A selection of danish, croissants, and bagels with butter, cream cheese, and fruit preserves.
They didn't serve any preserves, but the raisin bagel I opted for was really good and was toasted just right. Spreading near-frozen butter with a plastic knife SUCKS.

Main:
Sauteed Eggs with Scallions and corned beed hash patty, with banana nut stuffed pancakes with toasted almonds, maple cream sauce, and fresh fruit appetizer.

(alternate selection: fruit plate with yogurt)

This was actually really good, although the pancake at over an inch thick was a little underdone inside. "Sauteed Eggs with Scallions" is just a fancy way of describing scrambled eggs, but they were fine.

Prior to arrival:
Gourmet Deli Plate with mesquite turkey, ham, and swiss with whole grain mustard, cranberry spread, red onion, tomato, and cavatappi pasta salad. Shortbread finger cookies.
The sandwich was on an herb bread and was pretty good, particularly since they hadn't gone the BoB path of spreading all the mustard, etc. ahead of time. Overall, a much better sandwich than anything I've had BoB before. The mustard wasn't whole grain by any stretch (more like a smooth flavored mayo), and the cranberry spread was omitted entirely. The cavatappi pasta salad was only edible.

I managed to miss out on the wine selection (my FA was a bit surly and never offered, for one--of the three FAs in the C cabin, this one would say, "Want drink?" or "Done?" etc. as if to use as few words as possible .

Still, I really enjoyed the p.s. experience and plan on routing my transcons through NYC in the future if I can take p.s. and u/g to C.