FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Offers (USA) 2024
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:36 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by friedablass
Not that I'm aware of. So I just do a $400 reload or gift card and I know the max of 2k for this offer was used up. Funds don't expire so I can just use them towards all future orders including my subscriptions. Much easier than having to keep track of your spend on the card.
Going off on a bit of a tangent:

I have often done this for the reasons of simplification that you mention, or similarly because I wanted to drain a gift card etc. and loading those into Amazon gift balance is convenient so that I don't have to worry about residual balances on other cards.

However it did occur to me to wonder recently, if you buy something "important" using Amazon gift balance, your only protection is Amazon's return/replacement policy and in some cases might a credit card purchase protection benefit provide better and longer coverage? So recently I've tended to use my gift balance for consumables, Subscribe And Save, etc. and checking out with a credit card for things like electronics etc. On the other hand, I can't recall the last time I claimed a purchase protection benefit, so the likelihood is probably small enough that I shouldn't be too concerned about this...