FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International)
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:14 pm
simong

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
Didn't get photos, but...

Currently on BNE-SFO, Jan 1st, so possibly a new menu day. Choices for PP lunch after departure were "Chicken or Shepherd's Pie". I picked Chicken, and it was actually quite good - a smallish chicken breast, mashed potato, spinach(?), and roasted corn.

My seat-mate picked the Shepherd's Pie. Now in my mind, shepherd's pie is a pretty well defined dish - with liekly the only contention being whether it has to be made using lamb, or if beef can be used instead (which a purist would claim is actually a cottage pie).

What she was instead served was some form of triangular fold-over pasty-like pastry which took up maybe half of the plate and was waybe half an inch thick. Inside the two layers of pastry was a very small amount of mince. Nothing else on the main plate other than the pasty. It might have be suitable for a pre-landing snack, but even then I would have been unhappy with it. I'm hopeful this is a catering error on the first day of a new menu, as what was served certainly wasn't suitable for a PP main meal.
Sounds like the Impossible Pie.. did it look like this?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35564899-post55.html