FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Express flight late because crew saunters in nearly an hour late
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:57 am
thebakaronis

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Perhaps there is more to the story? Seems you and the GA drew a number of conclusions on no data.
There could have been. I've been on many delayed flights, including those where one or more crew member was delayed. But I didn't give this bunch the benefit of the doubt because (a) their body language when they arrived was just terrible for a crew that was 1 hour late, (I've seen delayed crew members trying to rush to the gate, as I would do if I were late to an appointment) (b) no apology, (c) the GA would likely have known if there was more to the story and would have made a better attempt at explaining the delay when I asked her one-on-one, (d) the UA app had a message that seemed to throw them under the bus ("delayed due to late arrival of crew" or something to that effect), (e) I asked one of the FAs if they'd been stuck in traffic (although I knew the highways all around were clear), and she simply shrugged.

If this was due to a last-minute change of crew or something else, someone (the crew, the agent, the app message, etc.) had a chance to tell us more. None did.