FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Express flight late because crew saunters in nearly an hour late
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:55 am
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Perhaps there is more to the story? Seems you and the GA drew a number of conclusions on no data.
you may be right, there may have been more to the story. But the lack of an apology is interesting. One of my more memorable flights on United was a 737 that arrived late in Denver in which its arrival gate was shifted five minutes before it actually arrived, necessitating a mass at mad dash to another gate. New crew came on the bird, and then the new crew walked off the bird, and we were told your flight to San Francisco is being changed to another airplane and another gate.

by the time we boarded passengers were pretty steamed, because it was a hot day in Denver, and connections were jeopardized. Once we were all seated, the captain came on the PA and told us what it happened. He had rejected the aircraft originally assigned because it lacked the back up system he considered to be necessary for flying into a foggy day in San Francisco.

The mood on the aircraft changed drastically, because the pilot had the common decency and courtesy to tell us what was going on and why the delay had happened - more importantly, the delay was for our safety.

I suspect that on that United express flight, a simple apology and explanation might’ve gone a long way to make passengers less unhappy. I get it that United is cutting costs, but how much does it cost for some simple courtesy?

Last edited by halls120; Dec 31, 2023 at 10:55 am