FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}
Old Dec 26, 2023, 5:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DrAJ
Whilst I haven't stayed in all of those hotels, my answer to these is always Tower Bridge. Rooms nice. Bankside newer but rooms seem darker to me. Right across from London Bridge Station/tube. Better range of food options nearby than Bankside or Conrad. You have Borough Market, vinegar yard (small outdoor stalls/street food), lots of places between the hotel and Tower Bridge. Not yoo much further to Bermondsey for the craft beer mile and Malty St Market. Depending on when you go the lounge has a nice terrace too and I would rate food over Bankside.
We have a seat booked in London for two nights next August at the conclusion of a trip to Croatia. We have booked Bankside based on prior reviews. We want to try this side of the Thames as we have been in the more central areas a number of times.

We really do like a good lounge experience, and it sounds like Tower may be a notch above as well as having more varied environs. From folks familiar with both, does this seem accurate?

Also, one of the nights is booked with an Amex FNC that was extended a couple of days. Is it safe to assume that , if dates of use are unchanged, they would be able to move the reservation? Just in case we decide to change.

Cheers.