FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Christmas Escapade, Washington and my first first
Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:04 pm
JapesUK

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
We eventually departed an hour later than scheduled and once the seatbelt signs were off dinner service commenced with champagne and canapes

The canapes were delicious and once they were cleared the table was laid for dinner

I cheekily asked for the salmon and the tataki starters. The salmon was nice, the tataki was very very good. I also had a tasting of all three white wines.

Next up was the turkey dinner and, as others have reported on flyertalk, this was dry, mostly due to the miserly amount of gravy that comes with the meal

Finished off the meal with the cheese and port, and a couple of rounds of coffee and JW XOrdinaire

Once the table was cleared I settled down to watch the latest transformer film along with a little snooze.

About 90 minutes to landing it was time for the light meal and I skipped the starter and went straight to the burger which was surprisingly moist and tasty.

With 30 minutes to landing they handed out a Christmas gift, this hand painted BA Christmas bauble along with a little box of prestat chocolates

And with that we were on approach to Dulles airport. A very enjoyable trip, excellent crew, and an incredibly comfortable seat. The time flew past, if you’ll excuse the pun.