FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:22 pm
Splotly

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by lizakramer
Curious - what months are your dates of stay for these very different upgrade rates? The one for Splotly seems like a total outlier. Never seen anything like it for a GWV! I didn't even think they sold for that much if you were paying cash.
Over the new year period - so highest prices. The price they quoted was the full price to simply book the room as a new booking. I replied and pointed out the difference in rack rates between the room I’d already booked and the Grand Water Villa was around $1,200 a night so surely they didn’t want more than that - and to my amazement they confirmed back that their reply had been intentional. I agree it’s an outlier and utterly unsure what to make of it myself because they know us really well (we’ve stayed there around 20 times). They said hotel policies had changed, but this policy seems odd in the extreme. We’ll be out there in a few days which is going to make for an interesting stay/conversation! (Have Waldorf booked for Easter now, so have already given up on them for future stays.)