FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most Difficult DL Non-Hub Stations to Navigate
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:53 pm
ty97

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
While I travel a lot, the number of airports I frequent is relatively limited, but for me CDG is far and away #1. After you do it a few times, it's no longer difficult, but it still is a massive PITA.

The worst scenario I regularly face there is when arriving on HOP (usually with some delay) at terminal G, wait for the bus, trundle like a sardine in a can for 10-15 minutes, get off at some non-descript door under terminal 2F (half the bus looking confused bc they're expecting 2E), walk, escalator, MASSIVE line waiting for another escalator, that leads to massive and slow lines for passport check, escalator back down, wait in line for another bus, trundle back in the sardine can 10 minutes into the direction you originally came from, another non-descript door, escalator and FINALLY... finding out your 2 hour connection was just not quite long enough (and forget about going to the lounge). This year I'm 1/6 in making the G>2E connection with 90-150 min connections, and that is with knowing how to navigate that torture device they call an airport. AMS isn't perfect but I'll take it over CDG any day of the week.
I have always instinctively avoided any connection through CDG that might involve Hop and 2G because it just seemed like it would be a hassle. Thank you for validating my decision!