FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Private Plane to Aachen, Sherry and Flamenco in Jerez
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:35 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
16. CDG-SVQ Business (O) AF1546(A5)

My stay in the Air France lounge was pleasant, given how frequent flyers generally do not like terminal 2G. By chance I met a retired French Platinum for Life member, which resulted in an interesting discussion. Certainly, for transfers 2G is a major pain because of its distance from the rest of the airport. It's ok if you're transferring between two Hop! flights, but as someone wrote in the Air France forum, "with Hop! there is no Hope"!

Air France lounge in Terminal 2G

Boarding the Air France Hop! flight to Seville

The flight did not turn out to be ridiculously oversold and it wasn't even full, so I had room to stretch out in business class. The problem with the Embraer E90 aircraft used by Hop! is that the neighbouring seat is never blocked, so you can end up as jammed in as you would be in economy class, which totally defeats the point of having a separate "business" class. In fact, the only differentiator is having a small cold meal in business which, I'm sorry to keep repeating, was the realm of economy class until not so many years ago. Actually, it was quite palatable: poached egg, quinoa salad, pea purée and walnut crumble. But what's the obsession with endless quinoa in almost all airline food these days? As for the soft chocolate cake, it was more cloying than enjoyable. At least there was Pommery champagne on offer and, despite being no champagne drinker, I had a couple of glasses. The small bottles of white wine looked really mediocre (again, they served better stuff in economy just a few small years ago). Service was really pleasant and attentive and I slept during the later part of the flight, but the seats are so unbelievably uncomfortable that they would be better off in a 12th century church.

Rating 7.5*
Aircraft E90
Seat 2F
Registration F-HBLS

Seating in business class is identical to that in economy

Aerial view of Seville, Spain - correction, this is actually Paris, France

Business class catering on the Paris to Seville flight

Landscape around Seville airport

Last edited by Concerto; Dec 13, 2023 at 2:03 am