FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Private Plane to Aachen, Sherry and Flamenco in Jerez
Old Dec 10, 2023, 4:32 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
15. TRN-CDG Business (O) AF1103(A5)

Turin Airport was a really pleasant experience, with a passage through security which took mere minutes. The airside part of the airport has shops and cafes and it was totally calm, despite Ryanair being the main carrier at the airport. This is how airports should be, although with only about 25 flights a day this is definitely not a busy airport.

The plane (operated by Hop!) landed a bit late at Turin Caselle airport, which meant we arrived at Paris CDG about 16 minutes late. Once again, the flight was completely full with every seat taken. I saw people from the lounge getting upgraded at the gate, presumably gold or platinum members, which is nice (gives me hope for the future, which I reckon is going to be very economy class oriented). But at least nobody was sitting on each other's laps, like on my flight from Seville to Paris back in February, which went out with 18 passengers for a cabin with 16 business class seats (a child who should have been in its own seat went on the lap of its mother, and somebody else went on the jumpseat in the cockpit).

I had an uncommunicative Italian businessman beside me, who was watching films on his tablet most of the way and who was visibly annoyed that someone was in the seat beside him. That's not my fault, it's the airline: they should block empty seats in business class. He seemed to relent later on and the flight was quite pleasant. Oddly, despite my window seat, I didn't notice any mountains when we crossed the Alps, but maybe that was because it was quite hazy. Par contre, the catering was really quite good. The cold meal service of lightly seared shrimps with quinoa along with a small dish of French cheeses and a rather nice soft milk and apple cake was totally fine for the length of this flight. Jacquart champagne was proactively offered, with a refill even during the descent to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. Quite a number of passengers were stressed because of having very short connections to Luxembourg, Miami, Boston and Washington, so they were allowed to disembark first.

Rating 7*
Aircraft E90
Seat 3F
Registration F-HBLS

The line for boarding the Air France Hop! flight from Turin to Paris was quite long

Our plane, waiting at the gate in Turin

A quick look at the business cabin from row 3

Inflight catering, AF business class TRN-CDG

Other Hop! aircraft as we arrived at Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2G

Last edited by Concerto; Dec 11, 2023 at 7:30 am