FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Health Insurance in China
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:36 am
Cathay Dragon 666

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by steveb1955
My wife has been having a nasal problem, after ct, mri and biopsy and two weeks ago she was advised to go to Tongren Hospital in Beijing, tried everything to get an appointment without luck, then we found out we had a family member who knew someone that knew someone who knew a fixer and for a "consideration" he got us an appointment the very next day....for another greater "consideration" she could of got an appointment to have the operation there, but a bit of a wait....In the end she decided to go ahead with the operation in our home city but performed by a surgeon who travelled down from the provincial capital, I'm not too sure what was happening but apparently the surgeon was pleased to receive his red envelope we had prepared.....
That's interesting. I heard about that but never had to in my experience. And I always make sure I got the best doctor in Shanghai for my family's advanced treatments and was never asked for considerations and all the surgery and after-care were top notch. Guess they're just happy with us as their clients. (I also joined their VIP program with $300,000 RMB deposit, so maybe that played a role. Don't know.)