FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - current NRT wait times?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2023, 11:17 am
Agneisse

Originally Posted by Runner123
Do you think I am better off flying to Osaka instead? There are flights at 5:30 and 6:20. The flight at 5:30 is on ANA itself, and right now is $87. Of course I then need to go on to Kyoto. Or stick to the original plan and take the train? If so, do I need to buy my Marita Express ticket now or can I wait for that too? If I buy it now, is three hours a good window? I will have the code for QR set, and only 1piece of luggage. Thanks for all your help. It would have been easier, I see, had I been staying in Tokyo overnight. But I leave home January 11. This is part of an ANA RTW ticket with a 2 week cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong in the middle.
Flying is cheaper and I think they end up taking about the same time door to door. At ITM (ANA/JAL only fly NRT-ITM; NRT-KIX is LCC territory) you can catch a bus to Kyoto.

Depending on how important saving money is to you, the 6:20pm JAL flight can often be had for closer to $50-$60 if bought as a "Japan Explorer Pass" fare but of course it involves more hassle at NRT itself to change terminals.