FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:37 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just checked out here. Used an upgrade to get one of the studio suites over thanksgiving. Hotel was very busy so was a nice use of the CSU imo. Suite is large, but studio style (not my fave). Shower head is awful.

Breakfast is included for Globs although we are told we are given a $35 credit which is not enough to include it (because the buffet is $35 plus taxes and tip). Still, at checkout they removed every charge related to breakfast. On Thanksgiving AM breakfast was a 30 min wait, so we were able to use our $35pp credit at their cafe. With $70 between me and the wifey, we bought a candy store worth of stuff including fruits, snacks, and candies. It's truly insane how much Hyatt gives away in this style (for those who prefer to eat breakfast elsewhere). Note breakfast is served daily, a la carte M-F and buffet on Sat/Sun.

FD and Valet service is friendly but self parking is a very high $35 per night. No choice though, City of La Jolla doesn't allow overnight street parking without a permit so no parking from 2am-6am on the empty streets outside the hotel. Perhaps that was suspended over Thanksgiving, but I didn't bother to find out. There is no lounge not sure why other posters are claiming there is one (perhaps there used to be)? Gym is small, but usable.

Hotel is near a Whole Foods and a nice mall - but is not walkable to the the cute village of La Jolla. Personally, unless you need Hyatt nights for some reason, I'd try to stay closer to the village of La Jolla itself. Not sure there are many properties there though.

Internet was really poor at this property. I spent an hour over multiple days trying to get it working. Haven't done that in the USA since 2005.