FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eugenia de Montjio Toledo, Autograph Collection - Spain [Master Thread]
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:23 pm
Goldeneyeuro

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Had a 1-night stay here in September, right towards the tail end of the storms/flooding. Website said that you could reserve a car from MAD Airport, which was done not by the hotel but through the airport itself. With how bad the weather turned out (bad flooding), it was worth the 124 EUR. SNAs were not applied, since they only offered a larger room rather than a suite. Base level room was booked for 166 EUR.

I arrived at the hotel around 4:30 PM, and the hotel itself is smack in the middle of Toledo which is great for tourism but it’s a 30-minute or so walk from the train station (2 km away) on mostly cobblestone streets. I believe I was upgraded, and both the room itself and the bathroom were airy, large, and spacious. There was a sort of boutiquey, old-world classy charm to the room itself. I was given a 10 EUR beverage voucher for the bar, but do be aware that the hotel restaurant is only open for dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday only. Breakfast was a set menu with your choice of eggs.

One big complaint however was the temperature of the water in the shower and the bathtub was at best barely lukewarm. There were also umbrellas which guests could take but many of them were flimsy and half-broken.

I do have to give a shoutout to the front desk clerk, however, who was very professional in checking me in and explaining the hotel and my benefits. I had reserved a taxi for the next day upon checkin, and when I was supposed to leave, the clerk mentioned how the taxi driver contacted the hotel saying all the trains out of Toledo were cancelled due to the aforementioned flooding. I asked the clerk to have the taxi driver take me to Atocha train station in Madrid instead of Toledo train station so I could catch a train to Barcelona. This was the start of my holiday and the front desk clerk saved it from being a catastrophe, so whoever she is I can’t thank her enough.

As for this hotel, it’s difficult when it comes to attracting guests. Toledo is mostly a day-trip destination. You can make a case to stay there overnight but there were very few guests I saw during my stay. There’s a business case for having limited hours for the restaurant but it was still annoying. Is it worth it to stay here rather than, oh, shuttle back and forth between Madrid? I say yes, since you get more for your money hotelwise than in Madrid, and you can spend more time in Toledo. A nice little hidden gem.