FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:20 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by akm
Reviving a somewhat dormant thread: My flight arrives after mid-night at the new airport and I suspect I will be done with immigration/baggage etc. around 2am. I am wondering if there is a way to spend around 3-4 hours at the airport (landside) before heading out to the city, perhaps using the now functional metro. I could go to a close to a nearby hotel (though the airport Yotel is way too expensive) but then again I will have to deal with a taxi situation, First time in Istanbul and I hear horror stories about taxis and would like to avoid a late night unpleasantness if possible. Not sure if the airport bus works at night (I will be staying in Taksim area). I do not think I can use the Priority Pass lounge since that will be on the airside (and besides they will want a departure boarding card, I guess). Advice/suggestions will be welcome.
Most airport buses run 24/7 including the Havaist coach to Taksim.

If you would like to spend 3-4 hours landside at IST, some restaurants/cafés at landside arrivals are also open 24/7.

I would agree that not paying the YOTEL landside is a great idea as it's certainly overpriced.