FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your travel OCD?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2023, 2:39 pm
the phoenix

Programs: AA, Hilton
What is your travel OCD?

I am sure a travel nut. I think Ive been very lucky to book flights and never had any real IRROPS aside from a few 4-5 hr delays. I travel perhaps 2-4 times a year. Just lucky.

For as long as I can remember, I have this fear of not making a flight and so when it comes to airline recommendations on when to arrive at the airport, If it says, 2 hrs, Im there 2:15 prior.

If it's 3 hrs recommended arrival before departure, Im there, 3 1/4 hrs earlier.

Thinking back, it may have to do with the one time my tire blew out on the way to my boards exams!

So I have to get to the airport AT LEAST as early as they say, (even thought I have TSAPre, Clear, etc) AND I NEED to know exactly where on the plane I'll sit, and what AC type.

But that one caveat, I HAVE to be there on time per airline recommendations..

DO you have a travel OCD? Some of my friends do; for example, one won't fly United, another won't touch 767s and yet another will not fly 'puddle jumpers'. I have another who won't fly after noon because of the risk of flight delays.

Still have other friends who wont stay in a hotel without a decent bar, one person will not fly and will only cruise ( and I'll only fly!). I know 2 railroad engineers that won't fly (but I think that's a ....control issue of sorts.)

What's your travel OCD?